Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Yogyakarta, a Foolish Girl's Dream Come True

Do you know that feeling when you have  a crush on this person since the first time you've met (early 2013) making your knees weak and face flushed whenever you're in his presence? It took about some time to finally realize that these reactions were immature and down-right foolish. Hahaha.

And to top that foolishness, I also secretly harbored a dream to ride on a motorbike with him and explore mountains, beaches and waterfalls together. Yeahh.. my head is full of horse shit. How to behave myself around him with these thoughts in my head? LOL!

But as months past... (a whole year even!) and having traveled with many people sometimes alone with the opposite sex whom I trust my life and honor with and who became great friends, I suddenly garnered the courage to befriend my crush, minus the foolish thoughts. :)

So one fine day, when browsing for cheap airline tickets online, I chanced upon a cheap RM125 return tickets to Yogyakarta, Indonesia. My heart skipped a beat when I realized that the guy I secretly admire is currently staying there. I decided to test if I could come there by messaging him, asking if he was free to host me.

................ few anxious moments later.............



The answer came back positive. :P

I began calming myself telling myself that I'm used to travel with guys. Why should this be any different? *takes deep breath* I can endure this! (Padahal jadi galau. Cilakak!)

Arrangements were made.

  • he'll pick me up from the airport! checked!
  • I'll be staying at his female friend's house - checked!
  • backpackers picnic on Sunday - checked!
  • other activities are open for discussion. Hell, I'll go anywhere with him. ehhhh..  :)

Packed only a backpack for the four days three nights trip, I boarded the earliest LRT train to KL Station to catch a bus to the airport. I have to admit, I didn't bring any attire that warrant admiration if ever I was gonna win some-one's over. ( Aku gagal sebagai cewek. #muntah )

I reached Adi Sucipto Airport at around 11:15am and upon exit, I was sniffed by a labrador dog aided by some customs officers. Shocked at first, I let them do their business before heading straight to the exit only to realize that... ohmaiiiiii... the airport in Yogyakarta is SOOO SMALL!

Thankfully there was free wi-fi in the airport and I messaged my friend to inform of my arrival.

Dup dap dup dap. (Rasa mau tampar diri sebab gagal elegen sebagai cewek. Blerghh!) He was going to pick me up from his workplace. I suddenly felt sorry for burdening him but grateful at the some time. Hehe. We found each other after several minutes. He was in black helmet, pants and jacket. (Yahh.. sudah hitam.. pakai hitam lagi. OK, dia juga gagal sebagai cowok. Hahaha.)

Teaser : Next day trip. No.. that is not him.. His picture shall never be published on this blog! :p
Without further ado, I was sent to my dwelling for the next four days. I actually had a happy smirk on my face when riding at the back of his motorbike. DAMN-IT!

A foolish girl's dream come true. At last.




8 comments:

chekgu Bani Hassim said... [Reply]

hebat. mmg traveller yg berani...
salute!

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@ chekgu... biasa2 ja la.. u can do it too if you put your mind to it!! :)

Anonymous said... [Reply]

wak wak wak...
@tentara_punah

syieda said... [Reply]

Omaiiii....sambung cepat!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Love is in the air! Cepat sambung!

ainun said... [Reply]

Who is him jard? *Penasaran* :D

hlga said... [Reply]

HUUUUH

aku belom pernah ke tempat itu di jogja. :(

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@ yayan... hahh.. kenapa ketawa??!!

@ syieda... hehehe. sudah!

@ zaraab... sudahhh!! kakaka!

@ ainun... opppsss!!!

@ hlga... pergi lagi mbak hel!!