Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beijing Trip Day 1 - Arrival, the bus and the tour guide.

The flight to Tianjin from Kuala Lumpur was at 8:30 am and I had to be at the airport by 6:30 am. I always dread the day I'll be troubling some guy to help send me to KL Central so that I can catch the early bus to the airport. Have no shortage of help on that area. Just uncomfortable troubling a guy whose not my relative. But I had no choice. It was a last minute decision as I dreaded sleeping at the airport more.
Have my RMB money ready and also my VISA. My travel essentials.
I forgot that my handphone was on silent mode as I rode silently on the Aerobus from KL to LCCT. Unaware that my travel buddy was worrying sick about my whereabouts which you could detect via her tweets and also the unanswered miscalls and smses on my phone. Sorry babe. Only realized it when we found each other near the check-in counters. LOL. =p

We checked in our luggage and we were off!

Six longggggggg hours on the airplane before landing at Tianjin. I found that the view from the window was ever so flat, dry and looked like a desert with no sight of greenery!

Did China some how chop all the trees and flatten all the mountains?
The sky was also hazy. I started to dread air pollution and my snots getting black. (A habit to check the air condition - checking the color of your snots. He he). Sorry, I don't think it is advisable to post pics of my snots online.

The doors to TIANJIN!
The travel agency from dtour.my advised us to look for a lady holding the "Malaysia D' Tour" sign outside the arrival hall. She wasn't that difficult to find because she was the only one out there. Ha ha ha!

"Hi! Welcome to Tianjin! You can call me LILI"
So Lili it is. Married, 35 years old with a 5 year old son. What immediately caught my attention was her Panda on top of her pole. Wonder what that was for? (which I later found out...)

Her English is actually GOOD and her smile infectious. =)
My friend and I were gathered together along with 10 other Malaysians. We didn't have time introducing each other as the bus was already waiting outside. There were 11 adults (3 males, 8 females) and 1 male child (which I later found out was quite a nuisance yet adorable kid).

The bus?
Lo behold! The bus and... ehem... my brief fling in blue. Gosh, I dig men in blue. *blushes
I knew I folded the travel schedule some-where in my bag but was so lazy to search for it. All I knew was that the first destination for that day was having dinner.

And that will be on the next post... =)

Thank you for reading!
.






6 comments:

dalilakadir said... [Reply]

jard pergi ngn travel agent ke?nnt jgn lupa cost pergi sana ek,ada rezkiboleh pergi jgk,tp kne tgk bjet.hihi

JieJ said... [Reply]

dont drag ur next story to long ya dear..heheh..cant wait for it!!!

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@dalila... aahh.. gi dgn travel agent sbb takut nk gi sana, kot2 kena culik ke.. utk organ. haha.

@Jiej.. OK. will up the entry soon. thanks dear for reading!

hcvvorld of Travels, Lifestyle and Photography said... [Reply]

did u purchase a first class ticket of the bullet train to Beijing? it's cheap and affordable :D

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@hcworld.... unfortunately no. huhu. we used the bus from Tianjin to Beijing and it took around 2 hours and a half to get there

Bus singapore to KL said... [Reply]

A sincere thanks for this beijing arrival tour bus information. I need this information a lot. It seems to be quite better. Thank you so much