Friday, May 4, 2012

Beijing Trip Day 4 - JingShan Park

We headed to JingShan Park just before lunch. We were given less then an hour there to do some sightseeing. But nothing was worth seeing if you didn't climb the many steps up hill to the Wanchun Pavillion (All Time Spring Pavillion) and that's exactly what Fie and I did. Unfortunately, the other tourists in the group didn't pursue this. =)

"Climb Fie! Climb! You can do it!"
To me, the climb wasn't half as bad like Great Wall of China. Fie became my willing photography model as we rushed to get to the top and then climb down in less then an hour. Fuhhhhhhhhhhh!

Clockwise from upper left: Fie at the first pavillion we reached at, Fie in front of the second,
antique picture of important ppl in front of the same pavillion at the back,
golden buddha in the Wanchun Pavillion.
It's not about the buildings that we purposely climbed all the stairs to the top. JingShan Park is famous for being strategically located just above the Forbidden City as seen in the map below.

Jingshan Park is a park full of hills.
And once we finally reached the top, LO AND BEHOLD!!!

We could see the WHOLE Forbidden City from the top! OMG!!!
I know the picture doesn't show much because I don't have powerful camera lenses yet. But through the naked eye, the view was MARVELOUS!!! It kinda knocked the breath out of us.

The view of the lake at the east side.
Ohhhh.... we definitely became the envy of our group when we climbed down breathlessly. This place is a must-go when you come visit Beijing anytime soon. It marvels me that I've been inside the Forbidden City before I saw it in whole on top of a hill. =)

Next stop is foot massage, lunch, another Jade Factory and finally a three hour shopping spree at Beijing's open market!! All in the next entry! I am sorry for the delay of the entries as I was pretty much preoccupied these past few days.

Oh and did you know?

I won the Malaysia International Tourism Travel Blog Award!!!  Thanks to all who supported and voted for me! Love you muchhhhhhhhhh!!!

Muahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Until next time, thank you for reading!
.

5 comments:

hazman aka species1980 said... [Reply]

tahniah jard... di atas kemenangan tue...banyak gak beza ngan 2nd place tue kan...

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@hazman.. thanks!! tapi den seganlahh.. my family and close frens tiada kat KL untuk menemani aku amik award. huhuhu

Unknown said... [Reply]

Cantik nya pemandangan.. Tahniah menang award.. ;)

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@Nurul Akmal.. thanksssss!

~Ati_Hime~ said... [Reply]

tahniah!!! keep it up! :)