Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A night at Suria Hill Country House @ Janda Baik

Continuing from my previous post...

We headed upwards to the end of the road and found out that Suria Hill Country House was the last sturdy building on the road. If we went further, we'll be met by miles and miles of trees and nothingness except some small folks' homes. So we headed back to Suria Hill Country House to try our luck.

Gated houses wouldn't stop us! Ha'ah!

We were greeted with a closed entrance. Tall iron gates met us.
I went out of the car and looked for any signs of life. I was amused by the signage on one of the pillars which reads "Private Property For In House Guest Only". Only then I realized that we had to make reservations before staying the night. (Phew! Done that already. Thank god! #suspentakkorang? =p)

Private Property. Do you dare to come in?
I felt exclusive being able to stay at such a big place. My first impression of the place was, "Wow!!! So BIG!! I wonder if it's haunted?". It was such a big place. Almost like a big mansion in the middle of the forest of nothingness (and so I thought because I saw nothing from the road. No river, no park. Nothing!)
Open Sesame! And in I drove my blue vehicle.
I chanced upon the inhabitants of the quiet house. They are two workers named Kudsiyah (the cook) and Muharram (the housekeeper). There was also a third worker whom I could not name who was the gardener. They were the only three people working here and I was amused.

Clockwise from upper left : Kudsiyah and Muharram, side view of the house, the living room (lobby) and the guest registration form.
I was given a key which led me to a room called Daisy with the interior as seen below. Ms Kudsiyah told me that there are only 16 rooms in Suria Hill Country House, a dining area and a seminar hall (big enough to fit 30 people, maybe). And they are currently housing some guests who are there for some corporate team building retreat.

You know what that means? Tell you later. Let's proceed to the room first.
From left: Toilet with shower and the double single beds with a flat screen TV. Common amenities for a comfortable night stay in the forest.
The only thing that bothered me was the no sign of the kiblat arrow in the room. Teehee. Never mind. Small matter. =p

Oh, about the significance of a team-building program currently being held there? It means I get to enjoy five times of meal-times with them! For free! Hahaha! If I came another day, I might not be that lucky.

Clockwise from upper left: Eating area, kampung style food for lunch, self-service beverages, banana fritters, and my house-mate enjoying a buffet-style experience.
You might be curious on what activities are made available at Suria Hill Country House. Well, I was initially curious too and had no idea. But we explored ourselves and took a quick look around the area by walking. 

Clock-wise from upper left : Back view of the house, the pathway up hill into the unknown (yet), following the pathway wondering what meets us after, found wooden tree swings (adorable!), a shallow river and signage warning off litterbugs.
My housemate and I did the "walk" several times a day and enjoyed it very much. I contemplated on swimming but decided against it, however tempting the idea was. He he. This is mainly because I enjoyed being online instead when I found out that Wi-Fi was available! So I get to laze out on the benches found outside and surf away with the sounds of nature! Ahhhh... heaven! 

I believe this place is the perfect getaway for couples who wants to bring back romance into their lives. The area is perfectly secluded and peaceful. I'm sure it'd be a truly relaxing weekend retreat for those who seek it. ;)

And it also serves as a good venue to hold your team-building activities. A family reunion perhaps? Family day? A birthday party? The usage of the house is countless.

Alas, me being a temporary guest, I only stayed for a night before heading back to KL.
Sayonara Suria Hill Country House! Thanks for having me!
For those interested to make this house as a venue for your personal or corporate needs, the details are stated below.

Suria Hill Country House
Lot 8567, Kampung Janda Baik,
28700  Mukim Bentong,
Bentong, Pahang, Malaysia
Telephone: +603 7806 4752
.

15 comments:

Adam bin Ahmad said... [Reply]

pose dengan kereta siot ~ hahaha

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@Adam bin Ahmad got a problem with that bro? hahaha.

keji ko ye.. mentang2 bukan kereta mercedez benz! sobb... sobbbb!

salfhi said... [Reply]

Kim slm kt h/mate.. Blh bknalan? Hehe

rayyan haries said... [Reply]

Sounds like a perfect getaway! Must be exp eh? and tudiaaaaaaa jard posing! ahaha

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@salfhi housemate jugak yg dicarinya. aku camna? haha..

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@Rayyan Haries tak expensive sgt if you get what u pay for kan? kan?

ishhh... tang aku posing jugak yg dia mention. haip! hahaha..

Fie-Nuts said... [Reply]

Amboi the last photo tu yang tak tahan sangat tuuuuu. Hehhehehe. You could have just swam in the river and typed at the same time you know!

Fie-Nuts said... [Reply]

Eh I wrote like a very long comment and I don't know if it went through or not. I said gambar last tu yang tak boleh tahan tu and you should have just swam in the river with your laptop in hand. Hehe.

adie said... [Reply]

pergh..gambar memula tu cam seram jer..teringat cerita seram orang hollywood yg tajuk apa ntah..

Farikica said... [Reply]

such a nice place in a secluded area.. perfect for a short getaway away from home.... will check out the website...;)

Farikica said... [Reply]

he..he.. ada question la..besides swimming, what are other activities i can do there..? tq

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@Fie-Nuts hehe.. ku approve je dua2 komen. klu ipad kalis air dah lama ku main internet sambil rendam air beb. =p

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@MR Penyubiru The House of Wax ke penyuk? hehehe

Jard The Great said... [Reply]

@Farikica u can go hiking to the nearby waterfalls, leh barbeku at the backyard, ermm... camping? hehe..

but most importantly.. just to relax and enjoy nature! hehe

makbear said... [Reply]

Salam perkenalan...nak tanya..tmpt ni kan kat janda baik..so ada ke tmpt yg kita bole bermandi manda main air kat sungai? Tq